Situated just outside the beautiful village of Richmond in the Coal River Valley, the Nocton property dates back to 1813. As part of the larger Carrington Park, it was granted by Governor Macquarie to the future Governor Davey.
We first planted vines on the property in 1999. This makes them some of the region’s oldest, and ensures that our wines are some of the Coal Valley’s most complex.
Our name, Nocton, was first recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086, and appears to be derived from the Scottish term for ‘farmstead where wethered sheep are kept’.